Saturday, December 20, 2008

Till My Lawyer Says Otherwise

I saw the rock star kiss the drama queen
It looked even older then Adam and Eve
I guess Eve becomes a groupie down in Tennessee
On a rocket thru the depths of fame
With supporting roles and a big one on the way
Cause if you’re gonna work Hollywood you gotta double down these days

And I can find you where the paparazzi play
With the cowgirl style and the cool nicknames
with all of the bullshit, and all the disguise
“Babe, I love you till my lawyer says otherwise”
And I, I cannot turn away, I cannot turn away.

He heard she wanted to sing someday
He wrote her a single that could get them both some play
It was a mutual agreement for an undetermined stay
The record label got the timing wrong
Yah, the critics blamed the video I think she blamed the song
But hey, probably, baby, it’s your target audience that changed

So it was decided without consent of one of them
To release the sex tape and reap all the dividends
With options to renew and trademarks to claim
On the cowgirl style and the cool nicknames
Like the wages of skin that the knife carves in
Everything you cut may have to be recut again
And I, I cannot fall away, I cannot fall away.

And I can find you where the paparazzi plays
With the cowgirl style and the cool nicknames
And all of the bullshit, and all the disguise
“Babe, I love you till my lawyer says otherwise”
And I, I cannot fall away, I cannot fall away.

Drums - Chris Crooker
Bass - Jackie Crosby
Rhythm Guitars - RB
Harmonica - Bob Nordquist
Additional BGV's - Brenda DeJardin, Chris Thompson, Jackie Crosby

No comments:

Post a Comment